Monday, February 13, 2012

The day after the day after

Let's see. Stiff right hand. Tender right arch. Right knee, well, the muscle right above the knee. Walking a little funny. Tight shoulders still, and triceps sore right above the elbow.

More training will take care of these issues.

Other things to take care of. Get a water bottle parka at MEC, made by ORS. Experiment with different hats. Find food that is yummy when cold (anyway) like beef jerky or something my doctor would kill me for.

Sorry, frozen bananas don't count.

And thank you a thousand times to Robert Saunders, permanent bib#113, for inspiring me to do this. Thanks to my bud Gord who emailed with me from the start and gave me tons of tips and encouragement. His bid for Gold this year ended with equipment failure.

And finally my new bud Ted (@TedKalMtl9) who breezed through Saturday and parts of Sunday. His constant advice and encouragement got me to the start line, which some say is the toughest job!

No comments: