Saturday, December 31, 2011

41 days to go.

Wow, time is slipping away. Did a two and a half hour ski last Monday on my waxless skis. Might as well be out on steel wool. Wondering why it was so easy to climb up the hills, my answer is in my lack of speed descending. How do I know this? Took my wax skis out today and was able to double pole forever! So that's my lesson. Even in bare snow conditions, use my wax skis and, well, toss the old fishscales!

Today's ski was as much about fitness a it was about learing to wax. My buddy Gord said klister was the order of the day but I'm still waiting for a MEC mail order with Klister. So I used a real gooey Swix concoction, V50. After 3 coats it began to hold....the light was such that I couldn't see the snow, nor my old tracks, and the top of the snow was all crusty from the freezing rain. Of course any weather may happen the 11th and 12th, so I'd better be ready for anything! Talk about a dispiriting training outing. Anyway the trip back in my fresh tracks was good, and the wax was holding.

Heading out to Massachusetts tomorrow so I won't ski three days. I'll run though.

Happy New Year!

No comments: