Thursday, January 5, 2012

35 days to go

So the last week or so has produced enough snow to get out. I have been using my Salomon Elite 7 Classical skis. They're 206s, nice and long, and light. Really nice in fact! I'm getting used to waxing, although I need to learn a lot more about cleaning the bases after skiing and before reapplying. I also need to learn about Glide wax, and base layers. It's really important. The other day I kind of had it right and the skis were sticking during the grip phase and gliding like mad during the glide phase.

I have been skiing lately at night on the golf course. My tracks are coarse and windblown. There aren't enough skiers to make a decent track, so this slows me down. It's also dark, and I have just a simple headlamp on. So the training isn't just for my aerobic threshold but also to learn waxing and break in the new gear. With only 35 days to go I think I'll make it to the start line, but more importantly, I think I'll make it to the finish!

As Yoda said," Do, or do not. There is no Try."

1 comment:

Canadian Ski Marathon said...

Yoda is a wise CSM master!

CSM - a true Canadian Adventure and 35 more sleeps to go!