Sunday, January 15, 2012

Well well, catch up time.
Last Sunday, the 8th, I skied at the Morgan Arboretum. Fairly flat, but nonetheless a nice place to train. Conditions were dicey, slippery and sparse would best describe the coverage. Several times I flew over exposed roots and went flying....landing in a heap! Took a few kms to get the wax right, but that's coming. I'm using older, shorter skis that I got at the Doug Anakin store back in 2007 or 2006. A real downgrade from my longer and better Elites.

I managed about 11kms in 1hr 20 minutes, not bad, I guess.

I returned my broken ski to the ski shop and they returned it to Salomon in Belleville, I'll know this coming week what the deal is. It can't some soon enough!

Training this week consisted of riding my waxless BC skis with Grip Tape around the golf course, 35-40 minutes at a time., at night. The most important thing at this point is to get out and get my body accustomed to SKIING in SNOW.

Thursday we had the best and biggest storm of the year....took me three hours to get home, but no matter. I went out and the going was SO tough in the new snow with the wind and the snow blowing everywhere I turned tail and came back in after 2 kms.

No comments: